Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers in Tucson Deliver Positive Results
Providing reliable personal injury assistance for more than 35 years
Accidents take you by surprise. Your life changes in an instant, leaving you and your loved ones to recover both physically and financially. If you have been hurt in an accident, or if a loved one has been seriously injured or killed, the trusted personal injury lawyers at Rockafellow Law Firm in Tucson are here to help. We have a combined four decades of experience serving accident victims throughout southwest Arizona. Firm founder Leighton H. Rockafellow is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® and has been certified as a Specialist in Injury & Wrongful Death since 1991. Our commitment to quality, personalized legal representation has been the cornerstone of our practice from day one.
Dedicated and knowledgeable legal team ready to help
Rockafellow Law Firm is a full-service personal injury practice. Our lawyers are capable of representing accident victims and their loved ones in any of the following legal matters:
- Vehicle accidents — We are well-traveled in litigation arising from car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents and pedestrian accidents. We diligently review accident reports and interview eyewitnesses to develop a strategy designed to help our clients recover optimal compensation for their injuries. We are adept at dealing with complications such as uninsured and underinsured motorists, dram shop liability for DUI defendants and defective and dangerous roadways.
- Catastrophic injuries — We understand how devastating a life-altering injury can be. We are committed to maximizing your settlement or court verdict for traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, loss of limbs, burns or disfigurement. We consult medical and financial experts to determine the full extent of your injuries and assess your financial losses over the course of a normal lifetime.
- Wrongful death — We help next of kin recover wrongful death compensation for the loss of a cherished loved one and do so with understanding and compassion.
- Medical malpractice — Our firm has a history of proven success in litigation involving misdiagnosis, anesthesia errors, surgical errors, medication errors, birth injuries and more.
- Workplace injuries — If you’ve been injured in an accident due to negligence while on the job, you may have a remedy in addition to workers’ compensation. Our attorneys are dedicated to recovering compensation for on-the-job injuries caused by negligent third parties.
- Insurance bad faith — When insurance companies fail to live up to their contractual and legal obligations, our attorneys hold them accountable.
- Slip and fall accidents — If you have sustained injuries due to a slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall accident, we can help you obtain just compensation by holding the property owner accountable.
Clients rely on our firm because we are dedicated to helping them recover the full compensation they deserve.
How do I file a personal injury claim in Arizona?
Most personal injury cases begin as claims against the defendant’s insurance company and some escalate to a lawsuit in civil court against the defendant. Even at the claims level, there are many caveats against attempting the process yourself:
- Insurance companies often use delaying tactics to wear you down so that you’ll settle for a sum that may be significantly less than what you are entitled to.
- Insurance companies have well-staffed legal departments tasked with limiting accident payouts.
- Filing a claim is both an art and a science. Simple mistakes can get your case dismissed, so you wind up with nothing.
- Studies show that claimants who have legal representation recover higher levels of compensation, even taking into account their attorney’s fees.
There are additional complications you need to be aware of:
- Comparative negligence —Arizona’s pure comparative negligence law allows a claimant to recover compensation even though he or she is partly responsible for the accident. However, the compensation is reduced in proportion to the claimant’s fault. If you’re 25 percent responsible, you can only recover for 75 percent of your losses. Defense lawyers often try to shift an undue percentage of liability to the claimant.
- Statute of limitations — Arizona law allows only two years to file a personal injury claim.
For these reasons and more, you should only entrust your case to an experienced attorney with a track record of success.
Consult our personal injury lawyers in Tucson, AZ
Rockafellow Law Firm in Tucson provides effective representation for a wide range of personal injury and wrongful death cases. Call today for a free, no obligation consultation at 520-334-1354 or contact us online. All cases are taken on a no-recovery, no-fee contingency basis.