Establishing Medical Malpractice Against Your Plastic Surgeon
You went into your cosmetic surgery seeking to change your appearance for the better. You were shown dazzling before and after pictures. Yet, after your surgery, somehow you actually look worse. In fact, you may even be disfigured. If so, unfortunately, you are not alone.
The number of incidents of cosmetic surgery medical malpractice is increasing. Even more alarming, sometimes the same doctors make the same errors time and time again. Here is a list of the most common types of cosmetic surgery procedures and the possible complications that can occur:
- Breast enhancement or reduction ― Complications that can occur during procedures to change the size of breasts include scarring, infection, disfigurement and rupturing of the implants.
- Rhinoplasty ― Complications that can occur during procedures to change the size or shape of the nose include loss of smell, infection, disfigurement and breathing problems.
- Abdominoplasty ― Complications that can occur during tummy tuck procedures include scarring, disfigurement, blood clots and infection.
- Liposuction ― Complications that can occur during the removal of fatty tissue are blood clots, infection, fluid retention, nerve damage and damage to vital organs.
- Face lift ― Complications that can occur include nerve injury, death of tissue, cysts and hairline deformity.
Moreover, just as in any other type of surgery, negligence can also occur regarding reactions to anesthesia, reactions to drugs and excessive bleeding.
All of these complications may or may not be the result of medical malpractice on the part of your cosmetic surgeon. However, if you’ve experienced any of these complications following your surgery, it’s best to consult with a knowledgeable Tucson medical malpractice attorney to determine your rights.