A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words
If you’re involved in an auto accident, it’s essential to begin preserving your personal injury claim immediately by documenting the details of the wreck while they’re still fresh in your mind. Taking photos of the scene of the accident immediately following the crash will help you recall the accident when talking with your insurance company or while testifying in court.
While most people know how to use a camera to take a simple photo, there are some specific tips to follow when taking pictures of your accident. The following list provides a few of these tips:
- Take as many photos of the scene as you can
- Take photos from many different angles
- Don’t just focus on the vehicles ― take photos of the surrounding area and any skid marks
- Adjust camera settings to best capture elements such as the weather, sunlight or other circumstances (it may help to have photos of severe lighting or weather, but you should also include many photos showing the scene clearly)
- Take up-close photos of the vehicles so that any damage can be easily seen
- If your camera has a timestamp option, use it
Use the best camera that you have available to you at the time, but any camera will be helpful, whether it’s digital, disposable or on your cell phone. If you don’t have a camera available, try to contact a friend or family member who can bring one to you.
While taking pictures is important in your personal injury case, it is just as important that you contact an experienced Tucson personal injury attorney who can use the photos to help you receive the compensation that you deserve.